J-Palm Liberia manufactures natural personal care and food products based on oil palm. The company partners with smallholder farmers in rural communities to improve efficiency of palm oil production, after which it processes the kernels into palm kernel oil for onward manufacturing of its personal care products under the “Kernel Fresh” brand.
General Position Summary
We are looking for an energetic business development associate to help drive our sales and grow the business. You will attract new clients and build solid relationships with them while maintaining existing relationships. Other duties will include market research, developing business strategies and pitches, managing a variety of projects, and identifying new business opportunities. You will work with various departments and report to the Marketing and Innovations Manager.
The successful applicant will be resourceful, organized and motivated to increase sales, enhance the company's reputation, and look for new and creative ways to market our products. A background in sales or marketing is strongly desirable.
- Willing to familiarize yourself with the company's vision and mission, seeking to accomplish set goals and objectives.
- Conducting market research and identifying potential clients.
- Cultivating strong relationships with new clients, while maintaining existing client relationships.
- Collating and maintaining client information in the CRM database.
- Working closely with staff across departments to implement growth strategies.
- Developing and implementing sales strategies, client service and retention plans, and analyzing sales data to inform or update marketing strategies.
- Assist with drafting business plans, sales pitches, presentations, reference material, and other documents as required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Identify new business opportunities and partners.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, staff, and clients.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, marketing, or related field.
- 1 - 2 years' relevant work experience in marketing, sales, project management, business development or similar field preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Friendly and personable demeanor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and relevant software.
To succeed, the Business Development Associate should be honest, encourage openness and transparency among staff and stakeholders, be approachable, pay attention to details, be a team player, be willing to travel to field and remote areas, have good time management skills, and be able to multi-task and set priorities.
How to apply?
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their detailed CV with a cover letter along with other relevant certificates to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You are requested to mention the title of the position on the subject line of the e-mail while applying.
Hard copies of the CV with cover letter along with all relevant certificates can be dropped at J-Palm Liberia’s Office located at 10th Street, Coleman Avenue, Monrovia. Label the left corner of the envelope with the title of the position for which you are applying.
Last date for the submission of CV’s is October 5, 2021 by 04:00 pm. J-Palm Liberia reserves the right to accept or reject any or all CV(s) without assigning any reason. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.