J-Palm Liberia manufactures natural personal care and food products based on oil palm. The company partners with smallholder farmers in rural communities to improve efficiency of palm oil production, after which it processes the kernels into palm kernel oil for onward manufacturing of its personal care products under the “Kernel Fresh” brand. For more information about the company, please visit: www.kernelfreshpremium.com/pages/our-story
J-Palm Liberia invites applications from all interested and potential Liberian candidates for the following position(s):
- Finance Manager – 01 position, based in Monrovia, Montserrado County, with frequent travel to field sites
Please find below the full position description for this position.
“Nurturing a varied and opened workplace is an imperative part of J-Palm Liberia’s vision, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, especially women and members of disadvantaged groups to apply. J-Palm Liberia is an Equal Opportunity
How to apply?
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their detailed CV with a cover letter along with other relevant certificates to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. You are requested to mention the title of the position on the subject line of the e-mail while applying.
Alternatively, hard copies of the CV with cover letter along with all relevant certificates can be dropped at J-Palm Liberia’s Office located at 10th Street, Coleman Avenue, Monrovia. Label the left corner of the envelope with the title of the position for which you are applying.
Last date for the submission of CV’s is August 30, 2021 by 04:00 pm. J-Palm Liberia reserves the right to accept or reject any or all CV(s) without assigning any reason. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Locations: Monrovia, Montserrado County with regular field visit to J-Palm Liberia’s operation sites and communities
Position Status: Full-time, Regular
General Position Summary
The Finance Manager is responsible for company-wide budgeting, trend analyses, medium-term planning and actual reporting of profit and loss results, financial ratio analysis, and KPI tracking.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, creating/updating budget and trend documentation for presentation to shareholders and senior management team, continuous analysis and forecasting of cash flows to inform company’s strategy, financial modeling under various scenarios, internal audit and controls, and ensuring compliance of financial procedures and policies.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage implementation of the company’s annual business plan, budget and strategic plan. Responsible for associated presentations to senior management and Board of Directors
- Develop and implement financial and tax strategies
- Develop performance management and monitoring systems to ensure alignment with the company’s strategic goals
- Responsible for the preparation, analysis and transmission of a variety of divisional finance reports in accordance with corporate requirements, i.e. budgets, balance sheets, budget spreads, P&L statements, stock and inventory reports, and budget reporting
- Participate in all key decisions at the executive management level
- Primary support person for all finance related issues for operating departments
- Manage cost control and conduct budgeting functions with departmental managers
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury functions
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Oversee supply chain and inventory management functions
- Perform a variety of supervisory tasks including interviewing and selecting employees, employee training/ development, performance management, salary administration, etc
- Liaise with marketing and manufacturing departments to develop monthly sales and cost projections by product, channel and location
- Serve as primary contact with various department heads on budget matters
- Coordinate approval/ communication of reallocation of budget lines
- Liaise with marketing/ manufacturing on all brand product cost information
- Liaison with manufacturing relative to production plan/ division financial unit
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company (payroll, invoicing, bank reconciliation and other transactions)
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting
Financing and Fundraising
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Advise the Board and Senior Management Team to arrange debt or equity financing, when needed
- Serve as lead analyst on all investment and financing deals within the company
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA a plus
- 5-8 years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting and data mining tools such as SQL, Access, etc.
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and QuickBooks
To succeed, Finance Manager should be honest, encourage openness and transparency among staff and stakeholders, be approachable, pay attention to details, be a team player, be willing to travel to field and remote areas, have good time management skills, and be able to multi-task and set priorities.