J-Palm Liberia (JPL) manufactures and distributes health and beauty products such as soaps, moisturizers and body oils. We are seeking a creative, knowledgeable and dynamic individual to serve as HR Coordinator.
JPL aspires to be a company on the cutting-edge of innovation in product design, manufacturing, sales and distribution. As such, we have to build strong internal systems to recruit the best employees, and to also develop internal initiatives to continue to train and re-train our employees. The HR & Admin Manager will be the senior executive responsible for implementing this vision of ensuring that our current employees have the support they need to successfully do their jobs, and also to build systems to continue to recruit amazing team members, and to drive day-to-day implementation of all strategic initiatives, internal processes, and activities.
The Human Resources and Administration Manager will manage HR operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and developing/ managing initiatives to train employees or potential employees. The HR & Admin Manager promotes and implements human resource values by planning and managing human resources programs and directing staff training, counseling, and mentorship.
The Human Resources and Administration Manager will also take the lead on developing organization strategies, and overseeing day-to-day implementation. The ideal candidate will have over 5 years’ experience in an HR role and experience leading teams.
Human Resources and Administration Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes
- Assess staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations
- Manage schedules and deadlines
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation
- Oversee facilities services, maintenance activities and tradespersons (e.g electricians)
- Organize and supervise other office activities (recycling, renovations, event planning etc.)
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments
- Support management by providing human resources direction, advice and counsel
- Guide management and employee actions by developing HR guidelines, communicating the guidelines and enforcing organization values
- Lead company’s compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal requirements including any related to the Decent Work Act, worker compensation, and Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Maintain minimal company exposure to lawsuits
- Establish and maintain company records and reports; able to direct others in the organization and adherence to record-keeping guidelines
- Maintain company organization charts and employee directory
- Lead exercise to conduct monthly employee appraisals and performance reviews
- Liaise with other department heads to create daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual management reports for the CEO and the Board of Directors
Human Resources and Administration Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters’ is an advantage
- Five or more years of relevant experience
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Executive Officer
Deadline: May 22, 2021