J-Palm Liberia manufactures natural personal care and food products based on oil palm. The company partners with smallholder farmers in rural communities to improve efficiency of palm oil production, after which it processes the kernels into palm kernel oil for onward manufacturing of its personal care products under the “Kernel Fresh” brand.
General Position Summary
The Marketing & Innovations Manager is responsible for overall brand development, management and communications, in order to increase brand awareness, grow sales, expand into new territories, and manage partnerships with new and existing clients.
Reports to: CEO and Board of Directors
Essential Job Responsibilities
Brand Communications and PR
- Leverage traditional and new media to: 1) educate and inform customers and potential customers about product and service offerings
- Convert potential customers into actual customers through innovative marketing techniques and promotions
- Execute public relations campaigns to inform the public about the company’s activities and impact
Field Awareness and Market Development
- Set up and manage Field Marketing Team to conduct direct field marketing in communities across Liberia
- Provide merchandising, promotions and marketing support to the company’s retail partners to help them grow their sales of the company’s products
Customer Relationship Management
- Supervise Customer Relationship Management process, to ensure superior and seamless ordering experience for first-time customers, and to provide continuous support to repeat customers
- Manage Telemarketing Agents, and provide support to them to ensure that they meet their targets
Customer Research & Innovation
- Create and constantly update Brand Guidelines for all our products and brands, using feedback and insights from sales data to define how our sales people communicate with customers, and how the company overall communicates with the public about our brands and products.
- Leverage consumer research and data analytics tools to develop deeper understanding of the market landscape and evolving consumer needs. Package these insights into actionable recommendations to improve sales force effectiveness and to develop new products and/or improve existing products.
- Identify, nurture, and develop opportunities for new products, services, marketing territories, and clients.
Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing, sales and/or advertising
- 3+ years’ experience in a supervisory or managerial role
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with strategic marketing campaigns
- Familiarity with the skin and hair care market is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Office Suite
- Ability to use video and graphic design software is a plus, but not necessary
To succeed, the Marketing and Innovations Manager should be honest, encourage openness and transparency among staff and stakeholders, be approachable, pay attention to details, be a team player, be willing to travel to field and remote areas, have good time management skills, and be able to multi-task and set priorities.
How to apply?
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their detailed CV with a cover letter along with other relevant certificates to the email address: email@example.com. You are requested to mention the title of the position on the subject line of the e-mail while applying.
Hard copies of the CV with cover letter along with all relevant certificates can be dropped at J-Palm Liberia’s Office located at 10th Street, Coleman Avenue, Monrovia. Label the left corner of the envelope with the title of the position for which you are applying.
Last date for the submission of CV’s is October 5, 2021 by 04:00 pm. J-Palm Liberia reserves the right to accept or reject any or all CV(s) without assigning any reason. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.